Monday, September 28, 2009

My Escape

This morning my sister was being a big pain in the back side, and wouldn't let me start a books she was "reading" (She wasn't even past the first page of the prolouge, and its been a week :P) and I started my day off on the totally wrong foot, and usually that means my day ends in a disaster. Well as I was storming out of the house, I decided to steal one of her books, and get revenge, right? WRONG. She didn't even protest in the slightest amount, and that made me feel way stupid. Serves me right.

So I was doomed to have a bad day, and I was already really crazy from being so tired (Just ask Jake or Angele and you'll see how fun I was during A1) and I started reading the book I attempted to "steal" from my sister. I was surprised to find it very funny and especially easy to relate to. I just ate that book up. I read all during band (when I wasn't needed) and English.

English was very fun today. We had a crazy man for a sub, and I had a blast. No homework, and some pretty fun storys, and good laughs. I can't remember his name, but for me, he was one of the best subs I have had, because I actually had a good time during a class. *GASP* Having fun!? During ENGLISH?! Who woulda thought :)

So Biology was O.K. Pretty boring for me, but I got some pretty good reading time. Mr. Slade is one of the nicest people I know, and is a very good teacher, but I am a little more advanced I believe. I probably should have tried out for Honors Biology. I heard its fun. But I am pretty... terrified of bugs. I just couldn't bring my self to do it. Stupid Melanie.

I hardly got any reading done in Spanish. SeƱor Allred is a pooh-head (only not really, because he's awesome) and wouldn't let me. I suppose I have to learn something in that class.

Well before I know it, I am sitting here at my computer writing a blog entry on this glorious book. I finished it in almost exactly 14 hours. I know, call me a nerd. I love reading, and it is my escape. I find it easier to live in a fantasy, rather than in reality. Let's face it. REALITY SUCKS. I am a hopeless romantic.





"
Books are masters who instruct us without rods or ferules,without words or anger, without bread or money.If you approach them, they are not asleep; if you seek them,they do not hide; if you blunder, they do not scold;if you are ignorant, they do not laugh at you."

~ Richard De Bury ~

No comments:

Post a Comment