Monday, February 1, 2010

Persuade Me

My life is so insufferably boring.  I seriously need a pastime that does not consist of taking old lady walks and facebooking.  Although I have an amazing family and great friends, they are usually to preoccupied to spend time with little old me.  So I have determined that sometime soon, I need a good and sufficiently entertaining hobby so I don't go completely bonkers before summer comes around. 

Ah dearest summer... how I miss your long warm nights.  I honestly do.  I miss the rubbery texture of my hair after a long day at swim team, the tanning in the drive way, dancing in the rain and chalk drawings.  I feel so free during the summer.  Winter is just a big cave of cold and misery.  You never get that glorious feeling of excitement when you feel the sun on your face. 

I can't believe it.  This summer is my last summer as a "kid"... no more time for just playing in the sprinklers or riding bikes to the park.  Last summer was possibly my last summer of complete freedom.  I am getting a job come June... and then all of those memories will become sparse and few.

Growing up... a part of me is excited.  But the bigger part of me is crying for the little kid inside of me.  When I am an adult, I won't get that chance to have no responsibilites or cares in the world.  It's scary. 

Persuade me, please.  Help me want to be older, beacuse all I see ahead is work, and a bunch of miserable grown ups.  I don't want to get bigger, because that means the end of those summers just playing with my friends. 

*sigh*  Life, just slow down.  Just a little, so that I may savor everything I have.

2 comments:

  1. This is true Mae.
    :-/ I wish we could go back to old times.
    No more me though :(
    Moving sucks

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i know. i am so desperately unhappy about that.

    ReplyDelete